Industrial mechanic in machinery and plant engineering (m/f)
The perfect start to your professional life
As an industrial mechanic you are able to install assemblies or complete machines. You can apply the knowledge you acquire there, e.g. during installation, commissioning or repairs, in customer service.
- Start: September of every year
- Duration of training: 3.5 years
- Prerequisite: good school-leaving qualification; high school diploma/certificate
- Subsequent deployment location: assembly lines/production hall, repairs/customer service/service
During your three and a half year training combining vocational school and on-the-job training you are prepared for your later professional life by your trainers. You move through various departments based on an internal training schedule.
- Training workshop: basic training, designing and machining components on manual and CNC-controlled lathes and milling machines.
- Mechanical processing: Here the focus is on using different and ultra-modern machine tools and their production processes.
- Final assembly: In a team you put together the prefabricated parts into complex construction machines, test them, and then finally put them into operation.
- Programming station: With the help of drawings you programme complicated components and perform tests on CNC machines.
We also offer you in-house classes (incl. English) in order to prepare you for examinations and future working life.
- Dexterity and hand-eye coordination (e.g. when installing assemblies into machines)
- Due diligence (e.g. when aligning and clamping workpieces)
- Technical understanding and manual skills (e.g. when servicing machines and production facilities)
- Good physical fitness (e.g. lifting heavy components)