Construction mechanic in steel and metal construction (m/f)
The perfect start to your professional life
With skilled workmanship you machine sheets, profiles and pipes and join them according to the specifications on the production drawings into complete steel structures. The focus is on the preliminary work in steel construction as well as tacking and welding with the various techniques and the ready-to-fit finishing work. You manufacture high-strength connections, which are an essential quality attribute, manually or using ultra-modern welding robots.
- Start: September of every year
- Duration of training: 3.5 years
- Prerequisite: good school-leaving qualification; high school diploma/certificate
- Later deployment location: production, welding workshop, metalworking shop, assembly
During your three and a half year training combining vocational school and on-the-job training you are prepared for your later professional life by your trainers. You obtain comprehensive knowledge in different areas of our company - here are a few examples:
- Steel construction: In a team you put together a chassis for extremely heavy machines according to the production drawings.
- Small parts: You learn how to use technical drawings and independently perform the first small orders.
- Welding robots: Monitoring complex processes and programming ultra-modern welding robots.
We also offer you in-house classes (incl. English) in order to prepare you for examinations and future working life.
- Dexterity and hand-eye coordination (e.g. when screwing and riveting metal components or creating weld spots and seams)
- Due diligence (e.g. for the precision cutting of sheets)
- Technical understanding (e.g. for the maintenance of machines and units)
- Spatial perception (e.g. manufacturing workpieces according to technical drawings)
- Good physical fitness and head for heights (e.g. working on scaffolds and cranes)