Electronics engineer in automation technology (m/f)
The perfect start to your professional life
As an electronics engineer for automation technology you analyse functional relationships as well as processes of automated systems and draft changes or extensions. You install electric, hydraulic or pneumatic drive systems, install units, assemble and configure sensor systems. Your tasks also include maintenance and elimination of faults with automation systems.
- Start: September of every year
- Duration of training: 3.5 years
- Prerequisite: good school-leaving qualification; high school diploma/certificate
- Later deployment location: assembly, commissioning, maintenance, programming, service
Your three and a half year training is made up of vocational school and on-the-job training. You move through various departments in our company.
- Electrical workshop: Here you learn how to manufacture different individual parts and assemblies, which you can use again afterwards in assembly or must assemble.
- Final assembly: In a team you put together the prefabricated parts into complex construction machines, test them, and then finally put them into operation.
In-house classes prepare you for exams and later working life.
- Manual skills (e.g. when installing and wiring switchgears)
- Dexterity and hand-eye coordination (e.g. when installing and adjusting sensors)
- Due diligence (e.g. when evaluating system, diagnostics and process data)
- Logical thinking and action (e.g. for troubleshooting and programming)
- Technical understanding (e.g. for the assembly and maintenance of individual components)
- Flexibility (e.g. adapting to rotating workplaces for repair and installation of plants)