Innovations in crushing and screening
Classic German engineering and craftsmanship is built into aggregate processing equipment from Kleemann. As a firm with deep roots in the German manufacturing tradition, Kleemann draws its strength from the employees of its native region Swabia, in Southwest Germany.
In 1857, Ferdinand Kleemann set up a file cutting shop which subsequently became the first industrial plant in Obertürkheim near Stuttgart. With time, Kleemann also included in its productions range forage harvesting machines and other agricultural implements which were distributed and sold throughout Germany.
Then, towards the end of the 19th century, the company also began to produce circular saws, eccentrics and spindle presses. In the early 20th century, the company operated under the name Kleemann’s Vereinigte Fabriken and launched its first activities in the field of processing rock and stone.
After the Second World War, processing plants for the natural rock and stone industry became one of the company’s main products.The hard rock crushing department developed particularly well and became the core element in the company’s activities, due to also its expanding business abroad.
In the subsequent years, the company became one of the main forces driving the development of tracked mobile crushing and screening plants in both the natural rock and stone industry and in the recycling sector. In 2006, Wirtgen acquired a majority holding of 80 % in the company.